Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Knowledge is free

I have been teaching preschool for over five years. There are minimal qualifications for preschool teachers. For instance, when I applied I needed to have a high school diploma and 12 hours of early education courses. Experience working with preschool children was recommended, but not required. Now that I have been teaching preschool for over five years, have a Bachelor's Degree, and on the job training, I cannot believe how much more I know now than when I started teaching. One thing that has made me more knowledgeable is sharing ideas with other teachers. I spend time working one-on-one with teachers who have years and years of experience. I wanted to start this blog to help other preschool teachers become better teachers. Better teachers = more educated students.

No comments:

Post a Comment